The kehilla of Bet Midrash Torani Leumi is comprised of a dynamic group of over 100 families. Members include native Israelis and immigrants from the United States, Canada, and England. Our members, consisting of graduates of Hesder Yeshivot and other higher Torah Education institutions, have come to Bet Shemesh to create a vibrant Torah community. Bet Midrash Torani Leumi offers a unique setting for both adults and children to maintain and expand their commitment to Torah while reaching out to the larger community. Our kehilla was inaugurated on Rosh Hashana 5758, in a small borrowed hall. Bet Midrash Torani Leumi sponsors community-wide shiurim for adults as well as Tefillah and study groups for children.
We would like to be able to properly welcome anyone who moves into our community. If you know of anyone who has, or will be joining our community, please tell one of the va’ad members or Tzippy Lebovitz.
We would like the opportunity to wish hatzlacha to any of our youth who are either entering Tzahal or beginning sheirut leumi. If you know of someone, or one of your children are joining Tzahal or sheirut leumi, please inform a va’ad member.
With great enthusiasm and vigor, we strive to build a strong, committed Torah community in bet Shemesh under the guidance of our mentor, Rav Chagai Raviv, shlita. Our aim is to:
- Provide inspiration through tefillot and shiurim
- Attract lomdei and oskei Torah to Bet Shemesh
- Guide the community with Piskei Halacha
- Strengthen our children’s commitment to serve Hashem
- Absorb new immigrants in Givat Sharett
- Offer outreach programs for the non-observant community
- Serve as a beacon for the future of Torah Zionism